Question
Posted by: Leonard | 2009-02-03

Hiatus Hernia

Good Day, I have a Hiatus Hernia, could this be the cause of shortness of breath? I also Have Malignant Hyperthermia can this hernia be repaired i am 48 years young.

Dear Leonard
I think you should see a gastroenterologist to do a gastroscopy to determine how big the hiatus hernia is, and whether this is in fact the cause of the shortness of breath. You may have another underlying cause for the breathlessness like a heart problem or a lung problem. With Malignant hyperthermia one would only want to operate if there are no other options