Posted by: HI | 2009-09-09

I have spoken to you b4 about my habit of gossiping about myself to others all the told me that they dont care anyway and i force it onto them to tell them about my gossiping.but i cant seem to stop to talk about my personal life like is really irritating me and i feel hurt that i disrespect myself so much. i need to stop. what sentence you can really give me to make me click and stop doing this.i feel that by telling i feel validated by telling things to others.pls give me a cbt basic.thanks

Maybe, apart from the obvious bneits of seeing a therapist to end this habit, you would initially find it very pleasing to have someone focus exclusively on all you wanted to say about yourself, for an hour at a time.
And mabe concntrate on finding other things to talk about --- especially, asking other people pleasantly to tell you about themselves ( most peopel's favourite topic ). And resolve to only tell them what they ask about, and even then only if its the sort of thing they really need to know.
Its never as simple as just giving you some magic sentence. A therapist could help you to feel valid without saying a word to others.