Question
Posted by: Lee | 2012/05/02

het ek n kans?

Ek is tans op die Oralcon pilletjie nie om nie swanger te raak nie, my kliniek sister dit voorgeskryf vir my endometriosis, ek wil baie graag nou weer swanger raak. Is daar n spesifieke dag of tyd wat ek my pilletjies kan skip en omgang he dat die kanse groot is dat ek wel swanger raak. Ek weet dis n moeilike ding maar wil baie graag. Ek het ook ongereelde maanstode as ek nie op die pil is nie, so dink net wil nou kans vat terwyl ek my periods reg kry. Ek is nou in my 3de siklus van oralcon in die 1ste week (boonste lyn pilletjies) asb sal enige raad waardeer. dankie

Dear Lee

It is best to stop the use of the pill when you see your menstrual period and start a fertility pill from day 4 or day 5 of your cycle. The common fertility pill used is Clomiphene citrate (Clomid, Fertomid, Serophene, etc) which is a 5 day course and the usual starting dose is 50mg per day. You should use an ovulation monitoring kit such as Clearplan or Ovuplan, commencing from day-10 of your cycle as to predict when ovulation is likely to occur and if ovulation is indeed occurring. This will not only increase your chances of conception through timed intercourse but will also benefit you in knowing that you are ovulating or not. Should you not see any changes on the ovulation kit suggesting ovulation then an internal ultrasound scan maybe of great assistance to determine what the response of the ovaries has been and whether future ovulation induction requires a stronger approach.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/05/13

Dear Lee

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert