Posted by: Rudi | 2010-05-04

He''s delaying divorce

My hubby filed for a divorce in December ''09, while I was filing for maintenance bcoz I stay with his 2 kids. He is forever delaying the divorce and I have gone to apply for a notice of bar. But I now want a lawyer to get things moving. It has to be a reasonable lawyer as I am bit cash strapped, since I get no help thus far with kids expenses.

Oh, can I make him pay for my legal fees? Since he''s the one who filed in the 1st place?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

If you want your divorce to be smooth and less costly I strongly advise you explore going into mediation, especially if children are involved.

Posted by: Rudi | 2010-05-18

Thanks a million, will sure contact law clinic

Reply to Rudi
Posted by: CA | 2010-05-05

Hi Rudi
I am also in the same position. My husband filed for divorce sept 09. I have sent a notice of bar. and received a reply to my claim 15 days later. I have contacted the court and asked if \i set down the matter and was told only the plaintiff can do so.

I suggest to call the court, mine filed thru family court. speak to the cleark of court. have your case no. on hand.

for free legal assistance contact the law clinic at ur university.

Gud luck...

Reply to CA