Question
Posted by: Worried mom to b | 2012/02/28

Herpies2

Dear doc
I''m 38 weeks pregnant nd stil not sure if i should have a natural birth or a ceaser....I have herpes type 2 and already discussed it wit my doc. He suggests something strong in my last week to suppress the virus, cause I wuld really like to give a normal birth. Now I''m not so sure anymore...I don''t want anything to happen to my baby. What if I go in labour earlier? My doc says i wont. I''m so uncertain. Pls help me

If there is no active herpes at the time of labour then the chances of transmission to the baby are very low.