Posted by: Worried mom 2b | 2012-02-28

Herpies 2

Dear doc
I''m 38 weeks pregnant nd stil not sure if i should have a natural birth or a ceaser....I have herpes type 2 and already discussed it wit my doc. He suggests something strong in my last week to suppress the virus, cause I wuld really like to give a normal birth. Now I''m not so sure anymore...I don''t want anything to happen to my baby. What if I go in labour earlier? My doc says i wont. I''m so uncertain. Pls help me

Put your mind at ease. You can only give your baby Herpes Simplex 2 if you have an active lesion and the baby passes through the birth canal. With the first sign of an outbreak, you should let your doctor know immediately, in order to take the medication.