Herpes on hands!?

Dear GynaeDoc
I' m almost certain that I have genital herpes. The 1st time I got symptos - a small blister right on my clitoris was almost 3 months after my last sexual encounter. After about 3 months it appeared again and would go away on its own after about 3 days. Afterwards it seemed to appear on a monthly basis for the past 3 months. A gynae that I saw just said it COULD be herpes and gave antibiotics and Adco-Acyclovir cream. A week ago a GP said it definitely seems like herpes and I used the acyclovir cream and Zelitrex. The genital sore has gone away but I' ve realised that my hands may be infected, every now and then a sore or 2 pops up on some or other finger, it' s only painful when I press it. It subsides within a day or 2 &  leaves a small red dot. But everyday I seem to discover atleast one new sore. Can I reinfect myself with my hands anywhere else on my body or if I touch other people? Didn' t the Zelitrex work against the sores on my hands too? I understand herpes is caused by a virus that also causes chicken pox and shingles, can I give myself chicken pox with these hands now or what??? Please help! I' m even paranoid about touching my face or other people for fear of infecting my face &  other parts or other people

It is possible that you have herpes on your hand, but this should have been treated by the Acyclovir. You can infect other people if you have active blisters at the time of contact. Chickenpox is caused by a differnt virus.