Question

Herpes misdiagnosis??

I had a terrible vaginal infection about a month ago and went to see my gynae. She took a swab and blood test to test for genital herpes. The swab came out positive but the blood test was negative. I went for a repeat blood test 2 weeks later which was also negative. My husband also went for a blood test and it was also negative! Now my gynae wants me to go for ANOTHER blood test in 6 weeks time as she thinks that it could manifest itself? What am I to do? Could this be misdiagnosis? Why would all the blood tests be negative and should the swab result take precedence over the blood result? PLEASE HELP??!!

The swab result should take precedence over the blood tests.

3

I forgot to mention that I was on a strong does of antibiotics and corisone for bronchitis which I completed a week before my oubreak. Could this have triggered the infection?

Does this mean I do have herpes? What if the next blood test comes out to be negative again? I have always been in a monogamous relationship - howcome my husband' s results were also negative? I had a similar infection almost 6 years ago where we also went to blood tests when they suspected herpes but once again they were both negative? How long does this disease take to manifest?
Please help, I don' t know what to do?