Question
Posted by: Di | 2009-11-17

Herpes and Oral sex

Hi, as a young girl I was sexually molested and raped by my mother' s boyfriend for a number of years. Thankfully I did not contract any STI' s, but am still getting over the physical and emotional scars of the experience. My husband has been amazing in all of this, and now i am trying to become more adventurous in our sex life. I do get cold sores, but have not had one for a number of years. I suffer from mouth ulcers as well, and have those very often. If we should try oral sex, am I risking exposing him to catching the herpes virus, should we abstain from this, use a condom, i really need advice. Thank you.

It is best to avoid unprotected oral sex if you have an active blister or ulcer. The herpes virus can be transmitted during oral sex. Using a condom routinely protects from transmission of the virus and some people find they can enter into oral sex more enjoyably if there is a condom to catch the sexual fluid. Expert opinions are provided by the SA Sexual Health Association: www.sexualhealth.co.za

2
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009-11-18

Reply to Sexologist
Posted by: Woman | 2009-11-17

Hi there Di, You are a strong woman, I can see. I am so sorry that you had to go through this nightmare as a young girl, and to have to deal with the consequences for so long afterwards must be a nightmare.

What your average MD won' t tell you (mostly because they don' t know this) is that you can effectively starve the herpes virus. I r copied this following piece from the world renowned nutritional, Patrick Holford' s site (you can google him if you want). You ought to be able to find these supplements at any good health store.

HERPES
The herpes virus feeds off an amino acid called arginine. If you supplement lysine, an amino acid that looks like arginine, you fool the virus and effectively starve it. I recommend supplementing 1,000mg of lysine every day, away from food, to keep the virus at bay. When you have an active infection, supplement 3,000mg of lysine a day and cut right back on foods rich in arginine, which include beans, lentils, nuts and chocolate. The more stressed you are, the weaker your immune system becomes and the more chances the virus has to become active. A good way to boost your immune system is to supplement 2g of vitamin C every day. Some people also find MSM reduces an infection. Worth trying if lysine doesn’ t clear things up.

Diet advice
Avoid arginine rich foods during an attack. These include beans, lentils, nuts and chocolate.

Supplements
•  2 x Multivitamin and mineral
•  2 x Vitamin C 1,000mg
•  1 ×  Lysine 1,000mg (take 3g a day during active infection)
•  1 x MSM 1,000mg (take 3g a day during active infection)

I didn' t give sex advice here, but I thought you' d like to know that you do not have to suffer this virus in your body forever, just like you don' t have to be a victim anymore. Remember, he took your body without your permission, but he can' t touch your soul.

Reply to Woman