Question
Posted by: worried | 2010/01/17

herpes and new boyfriend

I have just been blood-tested for Herpes-Simplex and have both 1 and 2, although I have never had symptoms that I know of. It is terribly traumatic because I have only had one boyfriend when I was in my early forties. It is now about 5 years later and I have met a wonderful man that I would like to marry. Should I tell him?

Not really a psychiatric question, is it ? Another of our forums would be more likely to be able to help you. Before telling your bf ( and before being intimate with him ) it might be best to see a gynae or similar specialist for advice based on a proper assessment of your condition.

4
Posted by: ben there | 2010/01/18

Dear worried
How old are u?

Reply to ben there
Posted by: qwerty | 2010/01/18

A quick internet search tells me that it is completely possible to have herpes with no symptoms, and possible again to pass said on to a partner. (less likely if you don' t have any sores, but still possible)
You should DEFINITELY tell you partner! There is a chance that you could be giving him a disease that will affect him for the rest of his life, and he should have the choice of whether or not he wants that risk.

Remember: Like diamonds, herpes are forever!

Reply to qwerty
Posted by: Question | 2010/01/18

Sorry I' m not of any help but would rather liek to ask a question? Is there any way that one can have herpes and not know about it at all? Would hate to maybe give something to a new partner that you didn' t even know you have?

Reply to Question