Posted by: Simon | 2011-10-19

Hallo Doc

I have a new girlfriend.We talked about sex and she told me that she contracted herpes from her ex.I went on the net and read alot of aticles on it.

I believe you have it for life?Can we still have safe sex? I read a condom is only 50 % affective? Is there something i can use to prevend it? How do one get pregnant without contracting the disease.

Please help

Yes, it is a life long disease. Unfortunately, there is no medication that can prevent you from contracting it. If you do contract herpes, there is excellent medication to treat the infection with. To lessen your chances of contracting herpes, you should abstain from sex when she has the active disease (blisters). When she has the active infection, she can consult her doctor for a script for Gancyclovir tablets. This medication prolongs the intervals between active disease and shortens the active disease considerably.