Posted by: Catherine | 2011-05-04

Hello. Over the last month or two, I''ve been getting bumps on my vagina. Well, three bumps. The first took a few weeks to clear up. Then a week later there was another one and now that that''s cleared, I have another one! They aren''t itchy, they''re like cyst pimples, the kind I''ve been getting on my face and back recently too. They can be burst after a week or so, but they are sore. I don''t have any other symptoms, no itching, discharge or anything else.

Could it be herpes? I haven''t had sex with anyone other than my husband for the last 2 years!

You should consult a doctor for a full examination and diagnosis of these bumps. I doubt that it is due to Herpes Simplex 2. It is possible that you might just need a course of antibiotics to treat the skin infection.

Posted by: Catherine | 2011-05-04

Thanks Roommate. These aren''t burst easily, it usually takes a few days before anything will burst from them. They''re like ''headless'' pimples really. Once they''ve burst though, they go away totally in a day or two, like a normal pimple. I''m just worried about them, because it''s the third one I''ve had in the last month or so!

But now that you mention it, it has been that time of the month, and it was around that time the last time I got them too...

Reply to Catherine
Posted by: Roommate | 2011-05-04

No, this is not Herpes. Herpes looks like a " coldsore" . The one you get on your mouth. Aparantly they are " closely related"  aswell.

I see often people post the same problem on the Gynea Forum but this is the first time someone says they get it on their back as well, so I would be interested to see what the Dr says.

I too get this when it gets to " that time of the month" , but they cannot be burst, they just go away by themselves and they are very painfull.

Reply to Roommate