Question

Herpes!!

I have genital herpes and get regular reoccurences. I believe one can take Valtrex? Or what other medication? I do not really want to go see a doctor again to get a prescription, please could you advise what will help? Also, how can I prevent from giving it to my partner?

Dear Anonymous
As soon as you see/feel any symptoms of a flare up, please see your doctor and get a prescription for antiviral medication like Zelitrex - this may prevent further flare ups. You can only protect your partner by using condoms to prevent infection.