Posted by: John | 2009-05-11

Hi Doc thanks for reply to question 3712 I have had herpes blood test in past it was clear.Could hand to genital contact give me herpes,do you think.

My other symptoms have been bad gut with some blood in stool so now on new antibiotics.Could the burning uretha maybe been signs of an early gut infection.

I had a bad bladder type infection in 06 the swab picked up a staph type bug.I really need to know if you feel i could have been exposed to herpes,with only hand to genital contact.

Thanks for your time

Dear John
You can get hand to genital transmission of herpes if the person has active herpetic lesions (blisters) on the hand and this you will notice immediately. Gut infection will not give you urethral symptoms. Staph infections is bacterial and have no connotation with herpes.