Question
Posted by: Cloud | 2009-02-24

Herpes

I am 29, insulin resistant, have PCOS and overweight. I am receiving treatment for all of the above and am busy losing the weight. However i have a rather strange and embarrassing problem which occurs in my pelvic/vaginal and anal area. It is an intense non sexual throbbing sensation I have had this for many years and never thought it to be a problem. I spoke to my doctor and he did an internal, he couldnt find anything strange. On a support group blog someone suggested that it may be herpes caused by a herpetic episode, neralgia it said. I have had this throbbing every minute of everyday for about 10 years,

Any advice

Dear Cloud
Herpes would be painful an be only there during acute flare-ups that will be associated with a blister like rash. You may have something called pelvic venous congestion. They can check this with a sonar. Ask your Gyne to have a look?