Question
Posted by: Gabbi | 2009/03/13

hernia problem

Goodday

My husband had his appendics take out in November, after the operation he devolped a hernia which was repaired last year November with the mesh procedure.

Now 4 months later it feels that there still is a bump. it feels similiar to what the first hernia felt like. Is is possible to have another hernia after operation.

We not currently livinng in SA, do we need to seek medical advice soon. Will be back in SA in August/

Thanks a lot

Gabbi

It is possible that the previous operation was unsuccessful and if the hernia becomes symptomatic, I advice that you seek assistance from a general surgeon immediately.