Question
Posted by: SW | 2009-04-18

Hernia of the belly button

Hi, I' ve had 2 kids by caesarian section. My youngest being nearly 6. My weight is perfect for my height &  I constantly get told how thin I am. However, my stomach is the problem &  I' m not sure if its due to lack of specific stomach exercises or due to the fact that when I lie down I can put my fingers between my muscles by my belly button. I had a hernia as a young child. Its very frustrating having this " boop" . Please help!!

You can try tummy strengthening muscles, but it sounds like the rectus muscles are separated. There isn't much you can do about this beyond more surgery.