Question
Posted by: Martin | 2008/06/13

Hernia and gallbladder surgery

I have a hernia where my stomache goes into my diaphram and causes shortness of breath. I also have acid and stomache pain and nausea. i had a scope done and the doctor put me on medication for a month and then i went for a ida scan. it showed that my gallbladder is fulfunctioning. the doctor wants to remove my gall bladder and fix my hernia surgically. my question is how important is it to have surgery, cant i just leave it as i can bear the symptoms or will it get worse? or if i do have to get the surgery how urgently do i need it can it wait 6 months or a year? thank you very much.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You do not have to have the surgery and can continue using Pantaloc and Gaviscon to relief your symptoms. Unfortunately, this is not a definate cure for your problem and your symptoms will eventually worsen and I therefore, recommend that you have the surgery done as soon as possible.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: joey | 2009/03/27

I i had a scope done in may last year and the y discovered i have a hiatus hernia, and it has started up again, what do you suggest, go for another scope or have it removed as it is causing alot of problems with the ffood going down the diaphram and i am in pain as well

Reply to joey