Posted by: Louisa | 2010-06-25

I would like to know when a woman should be concerned about a hernia (''inguanal'' - sorry not sure of spelling) in afrikaans a ''lies breuk''. My doctor said that it is what causes my pain and discomfort. I feel it almost everyday, especially later in the day or when I need to use the toilet. Other times when lying in bed or even just sitting at my desk I would be aware of some discomfort. I have also had days where I had pain when standing up to quickly. Is it normal or should it be looked at?

'n Liesbreuk kan herstel word deur middel van 'n laparaskopiese operasie. Met 'n laparaskopiese operasie is die herstel periode baie vinnig en redelik pynloos. Ek stel daarom voor dat jy jou dokter so spoedig moontlik konsulteer, sodat hy/sy jou na 'n algemene chirurg kan verwys.