Question
Posted by: Chris Smit | 2009/06/29

hernia

I' m a 42 year old man. I have been feeling some discomfort on the left hand side of my groin for the past couple of days. Yesterday I was working in the garden and lifted a heavy pot. Last night I woke up with an ache in my groin (as if I had hurt my testicle), although on touch, it is not sensitive. I also experience pain in my back and groin when when raising my right leg. Could this be a hernia. If so, can you recommend a doctor in Cape Town CBD/Milerton area? Thank you.

Dear Chris
You can see your GP for the basic examination - if needed he will be able to refer you to a surgeon if it is a hernia. It could also be a ligament injury or strain.