Posted by: Sons | 2009-03-30

My husband has been walking with i hiteas hernia since last year October. All the doctors that we have seen said that there is no reason to opperate to have it fixed, the meds that they have given him does not help either. Since last october till now he has lost about 20kg and is permanently walking with pain. The one doctor also said that its not anthing serious but he is just not getting any better. SHould i be worried that it is serious how can i make things a bit easier for him as i dont really know what more to do.

Dear Sons
Has he seen a gastroenterologist? Operations are not always the answer as a hiatus hernia tends to recur, but if he has lost such a lot of weight I think they should reconsider his treament, and also look for other reasons for his symptoms ( like pancreas problems - did he have a sonar or scan of the upper abdomen?)

Posted by: sons | 2009-04-01

Hi Dr Bets, They put the camera down his throat. the problem is we dont have medical aid and he does not want to go to a state hopsital.

Reply to sons