Posted by: Lacrymosa | 2010-08-06

Herion overdose

Good day doctor,

Please advise on the following. Please note that it is not me who is the addict, I only need answers for what happened to a " friend" , whether they are telling the truth or not.

When an individual , who has abusing the drug for years and addicated for more than 10 years, clean for a couple of months, purposely overdoses on herion &  is taken to hospital. Does the possibility exist to be release within hours? Is adrenaline every used to treat? How long are they to be kept in hospital? Are records kept of the incident?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

The treatment depends on the symptoms of the patient. Records will be kept of the incident. Unfortunately, I am unable to give you a detailed answer, as I do not have adequate information.

Posted by: Lacrymosa | 2010-08-07

Hi Dr Burger. What information would you require?The individual injected a large amount of heroin, lost conscienceness. Stated they were given adrenaline shot and was released within hours, being able to go back to work the nxt day still. Is this possible? Aren''t they suppose to be monitored after such a shock to the body? Kept over night?

Reply to Lacrymosa