Question
Posted by: Thirty years old | 2011/03/22

here are my simptoms

I am more than fatigued, extrely tirerd, forgetful, irritable very easily, mood swings, sometimes very happy for no reason and sometimes very sad and feeling like crying with no reason, I stopped tryphysil last year November and till now my period has not come back, my mind is tired as I cant concentrate on anything anymore. No matter what I try I dont lose weitht and I weigh 98.3kg 1.65 long and 30 yrs old. I am obese!!

Where should I start with this problem, a dietician or a gyne or a physichiatrist (SP?)

Dear Thirty Years Old
I hear what you are saying and can imagine that you feel totally frustrated and so exhausted. I would recommend that you firstly make an appointment to see your gynae because it is important that the gynae should check your female hormone levels if you have not menstruated since last November. Please describe your symptoms to the gynae because the tiredness, irritability, etc, could be associated with female hormone imbalances or insulin resistance linked in turn to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and/or thyroid hormone deficiency (the latter 2 would also hamper weightloss). Also ask the gynae to check if you are anaemic because iron-deficiency and vit B12-deficiency anaemias can make you feel exhausted, forgetful, irritable and depressed. Once the gynae has had the various tests done and if you do suffer from PCOS or insulin resistance or hypothyroidism, then please consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). This is particularly important if you have insulin resistance (with or without PCOS) because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment.
So approach this problem in stages - first the gynae, then the dietitian.
Holding thumbs for you that the gynae can pinpoint what is making you so knocked out and hampering weightloss.

3
Posted by: Keshne Denness | 2011/03/22

Hi there , I experience the same type of symptoms and feel that eating makes me happy and content , as a result i have put on alot of weight , I am considering xencial ....

i hate the way i look and feel

Reply to Keshne Denness

I forgot to mention that I also have frequent headaches and bloating, excess wind in stomach and also constipation.

Reply to Thirty years old

Dear Thirty Years Old