Question

Herbs cause bleeding

I have been prescribed to take grapefruit extract, p' au d' arco, cinnomon and chronium pizotirate for bad candida and huge sugar cravings. 1) Can these herbs cause by monthly period to be worse? And I have what docters think is a ' birthmark' -hemoglobia thing on my liver, it does not give me any problems. 2) I just want to check that the meds might not cause it problems.3) I had a bleeding polyp removed few months ago in my colon, can these meds cause bleeding again? Thanks

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

Cinnamon should be assisting bleeding.
Chromium picolonate is used to regulate sugar cravings, no bleeding effect.
Grapefruit extract - One of the serious side effects of grape seed extract is bleeding. Internal and external bleeding, both are ascertained to be side effects of grape seed extract. Cuts and bruises with prolonged bleeding are observed in some cases. Internal bleeding includes symptoms like tarry stools, bright red blood in stools and vomiting blood

Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za