Question
Posted by: Amy | 2008/09/12

Herbex Slimmers

I would like to ask what you think about Herbex Slimmers. I know you do not endorse slimming products, but would just like to know if the ingredients Herbex Slimmers contain is safe. I follow a balanced diet and do aerobic exercise 5 times per week. I would just like to add something to all of it so that I can lose weight faster.

Dear Amy
Recently another Reader asked me a similar question about another herbal product. He listed all the ingredients in the product in question, so I promised him I'd write an article on these components after researching each one of the herbs and what they can and cannot do and what potential negative side-effects they have. I did this and if you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and do a Search using the title of the article "Herbal Products - Potential Risks" you should be able to check what the Herbex Slimmers product contains against the list of herbs in this other product. You will see that some of the herbs either have no slimming effect whatsoever, or they can cause negative side-effects. This is why I am not in favour of herbal or other over-the-counter slimming pills. You are already doing all the right and sensible things to lose weight, don't spoil things now by trying to speed up your weightloss - rapid weightloss is usually linked to rapid re-gain once you stop using these products.
Stick to your programme

2
Posted by: Janet | 2009/09/06

Can I use herbalife while breastfeeding?

Reply to Janet
Posted by: Nelly | 2008/09/12

I used herbex for 3 months and it did nothing for me, but then I wasn' t exercising and eating 100% properly so it might do better with u,but u' re on such a good path-do u really need it? - The one thing is that there are no side effects and it wasn' t a appetite suppressant.

Good luck and wish I had your discipline

Reply to Nelly