Question
Posted by: Kay | 2010/03/15

Herbex Diuretic &  Pregnancy

Hi! Im hoping you can help me.
I have been using Herbex Booster Diuretic: Reduces retention &  bloating for 4 times in a week and recently discovered that i''m 5/6 weeks pregnant.
Wat harm can it do to the baby since I was using it whilst I''m pregnant and i read on the label that its not recommended for pregnant women.

Dear Kay
Congratulations on your pregnancy. It is a golden rule that pregnant moms should NOT use any medications, including over-the-counter and herbal preparations during pregnancy and often also during breastfeeding. Herbal products can contain a variety of herbs that can have negative side-effects such as dehydration, loss of vital nutrients, loss of normal bowel movement, etc. So please stop taking any medications while you are pregnant unless prescribed by the medical dr who is overseeing your pregnancy. If you suffer from constipation, click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine" and read the articles under 'Healthy colon', for ideas on how to stay regular without having to take medications.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/11

I am currently using herbex syrup and wanna,fall pregnant will herbex have an effect on that

Dear Kay