Question
Posted by: pammy | 2009/10/07

herballife diet and excersise doesit help

HI THERE I AM MORBIDLY OBSE MY HEIGHT IS 1.61 CM AND MY WEIGHT IS 113.KG I AM CURRENTLY USING HERBAL LIFE SHAKES AND HAS ALSO JOINED A GYM TO HELP ME LOOSE THE WEIGHT CAN YOU PLS ADVISE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO AND WILL IT HELP ME LOOSE THE WEIGHT
THANX PAMMY

Dear Pammy
Although I am not in favour of over-the-counter slimming pills I sincerely hope that the herbal life and the gymming will help you to lose some weight because your present BMI = 43,7. If you find that this approach is not helping then please ask your dr about Xenical. Xenical stops you from absorbing fat from the foods you eat so this automatically lowers your energy intake (each gram of fat you don't eat, saves you 37 kJ!). You should use Xenical with a very-low-fat diet to get the best results and also start exercising when you have lost some weight. You could use the Xenical to get you started on the right track and then just stick to the low-fat diet and steadily increase how much and how long you exercise. If you need assistance with a very-low-fat diet it may also be a good idea to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). If this diet plus the Xenical also does not work, then you may have to consider a gastric bypass. I would recommend that you contact the Bariatric Centres of Excellence in regard to having a gastric bypass to assist weightloss. You can contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: jana@pharmacallcc.com or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za to discuss this option if you have a great deal of weight to lose.
I hope that you can find a method that will assist you to lose this excess weight.

3
Posted by: ana | 2009/10/20

herbalife did not work for me, period.

dietdoc, you saw it' s against the low to have the gastric bypass surgery done? it is apparently too dangerous. i have my reservations on you recommending this procedure.

i know you are opposed, however, to simply slim. i have been on it a few weeks and have only had positive results. for the first time i am actually losing weight, i have a lot of energy and i am *positive*, because i can see and FEEL the results.

someone i know had this surgery done a few years back and literally almost died. it was terrible.

* ana *

Reply to ana
Posted by: Kitty | 2009/10/14

No Herbalife does not work at all!!!
Waste of money

Reply to Kitty
Posted by: John | 2009/10/08

Pammy,
Do not tell me that! I started yesterday on Herbalife! I have tried every slimming plan on the market. This is my last hope!
Good luck for you!!!!

Reply to John