Question
Posted by: Thando | 2010/05/25

Herbalife products and breastfeeding

Kindly advise if the herbalife products are recommended for somebody who is breast feeding . I am trying to loose the un necessary kilos that i have.

thanks.

Dear Thando
Congratulations on the birth of your baby and well done that you are breastfeeding. This is the best thing you can possibly do for you child which will have a positive effect on his or her health and weight for the rest of his/her life.
I would not recommend the use of ANY slimming pill or potion, including the herbal ones, when you are breast feeding because some of the ingredients which may even be addictive may pass into your breast milk and affect your baby. Rather reduce your fat intake moderately by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise such as taking baby for a walk in the fresh air every day.
Rather safe than sorry!

2
Posted by: Thando | 2010/05/26

Thanks Doc.

Reply to Thando

Dear Thando
Rather safe than sorry!