Question
Posted by: Tumi Zwane | 2011/11/13

Herbal Tea for 3 year old

Hi there,

I regularly drink camomile tea after a rough day and my 3 year old has also shown interest in it. He''s tasted it quite a few times and I have poured him a cup once before. I am really reluctant to do this because I''m not too sure about the health benefits for him. Is it safe to give my 3 year old camomile tea.

Dear Tumi
I am not a herbalist, but from what I have read about chamomile tea, it does seem to be safe for young children. According to the articles I have read, chamomile tea has a relaxing and soothing effect for young and old.
It may be a good idea to just check at a health shop before you give your son this tea.

1

Dear Tumi