Posted by: Jana | 2011-03-02

Herbal medicine for irregular periods

Good day,
I had a d& c about a month ago. The doctor said I must have two regular period before we can try again for a baby. Will Chaste tree berry herbs (Agnus castus) help to get my period &  help with ovulation? Is it dangerous? Or should I wait for the doctor to prescribe something?

Expert ImageNatural health

There is some preliminary clinical evidence that taking vitex agnus-castus orally can increase the chance of getting pregnant in women who are infertile due to relative progesterone deficiency. However, vitex agnus-castus does not seem to work quickly. It can take from 3-7 months of treatment to achieve pregnancy and only if it is part of a progesterone deficiency problem. Chaste tree will not help bring your period on. Natural medicine works with the body and can not force the body. I suggest if you want to use natural medicine to consult with a health practitioner.

Dr Debbie