Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010/10/20

Herbal life

I need to loose at least 8kg''s and is struggling to loose even 0.5kg a week. I have joined Curves gym in the week and hope it will help.

What is your view on Herbal life products? Is it worth trying the product and will it accelarate weight loss?

Dear Lisa
A weightloss of 0,5 kg is actually ideal because slow, steady losses are much more likely to result in permanent weightloss than if you lose a large amount of weight in a very short space of time. Joining Curves should make a difference to firm you up nicely, but I am not sure that the exercise is active enough to stimulate your metabolism. Cardio or aerobic exercise like skipping, brisk walking, rowing, jogging, or swimming uses up energy and increases your Basic Metabolic Rate for at least 24 hours. Try to do some aerobic exercise for 30 min a day in addition to the exercises your do at Curves to firm up. I am personally not in favour of using over-the-counter slimming pills and potions because they often cost a lot of money, causes negative side-effects (of which addiction is the most serious) and don't really contribute to weightloss. Stick to your diet, lose 0,5 kg per week and do 30 min of exercise a day and you will lose those 8 kg.

1

Dear Lisa