Question
Posted by: newby | 2009/04/18

Herbal hormone replacement

Dear doc,
Please advise if you are aware of any Herbal Hormone replacements on the market. I have a family history of cancer and breast cancer in my family and just had my ovaries and full abdominal hysterectomy due to huge tumors. I really do no want to take HRT.s , my gynae prescribed Estrofem 1mg to start off with. Is is worth taking the risk with all the side effects etc and still end up with increased chances of cancer.

You could try a herbal tablet such as Menoclove, but these also contain plant oestrogens. It really depends what your symptoms are and these should be balanced against the risk of breast cancer.