Question
Posted by: Hepa | 2009/03/23

Hepatitis A, B, C

Hi CyberDoc

I would appreciate information on the following:

1. Which of Hepatitis A, B or C are the dangerous ones?
2. Which of Hepatitis A, B or C are the curable ones?
3. Is hepatitis easily transmitted?
4. What are the early warning signs of hepatitis to look out for?

The information available on the internet appears to be very ambigious and overriding, so I will appreciate your opinions.

Thanking you!

Dear Hepa
Hep B and C are more dangerous as it can cause liver failure and cancer
None are curable - all are virus infections and the body needs to cure itself. Interferon is sometimes used but it is frightfully expensive.
Hep B and C however can cause carrier status ( you are not sick but can infect other people via blood and sex)
Hep A is transmitted through food, B and C through sex and blood
Hepatitis sometimes have vague symptoms like tiredness, nausea, slight yellowness of skin and white of the eyes.