Question
Posted by: Ren | 2010-06-12

Hemorroids

Hi doc

Every winter, I find that I develop a minor case of hemorrhoids.
Each year it seems to get worse, however. This year I have 1 about the size of a pea protruding externally.
I''m concerned because it''s making it difficult for me to have a bowel movement. The stool feels " stuck" .
I have some scheriproct which expired in March. Would it still be ok to use? Can the ointment become contaminated due to previous use?
When should I seek further assistance?

I''m concerned because last year I had to go to the emergency room for an enema because the stool would not come out although my anus was wedged open.

Sounds gross, I know but it''s very real to me.

Ren

I suggest that you use Softlax and Laxette to soften your stools. You can no longer use the Scheriproct that have expired in March and I suggest that you get new Scheriproct suppositries and Anusol cream for the treatment of the hemorroids.

If the problem persists, consult your doctor for an examination.

1
Posted by: J | 2010-06-14

Hi Doc, I have this growth at the entrance to the anus? Not sure if it is hemmoroids? How can I treat with OTC medicines?

Reply to J