Question
Posted by: Shy gal | 2012/05/22

Hemorrhoids?

I have always suffered with IBS and constipation.
I''ve had two children (ceasar), the last whom is 20 months.

About three months ago I noticed a slight mucus in my underwear and a tingling in my rectal area.
I put it down to the warm weather and a change in my body since the last baby and being over 30.

The last month I was put onto Senokot and Dulcolax by my GP to assist with the constipation, but instead of being a temp measure, I was told to use it daily. I have had diareah and burning stools for a month, not to mention acid reflux and such.

Over the weekend I felt uncomfortable in my nether regions and checked it out in a mirror, to discover that the skin around my rectum is very dark, with protruding veins and swollen small ''grapes'' just visible in the anus.

Since I have no real discomfort or bleeding, and almost no irritation or itching and pain, what can these be other than hemorrhoids?
And when would they have commenced, if not with my excessive laxative taking a moth ago?

I started with Prep H yesterday, but am struggling to insert the suppositories.

Please assist as I have been to GP''s in the past and no one helps with my digestive issues, let alone this, which is very embarassing.
Could I potentially go to my gynae?

Thank you.

No this is not a gynae problem. Surgeons deal with haemorrhoids.

1