Question
Posted by: Worried, | 2009-11-10

hemorrhoid,

Morning Doc,

On Saturday I noticed a lump on my anus, which hurt when I sat. I read on your website that it might be piles but what I don' t understand is that what caused it? I am 24 years old and haven' t had any kids? I went to my local pharmacy and got Preparation H which I started using last night. This morning when I woke up I got my period again, which really scares me as I have been on Yasmin for about 5 years and have never had an irregular period and I finished my period on Friday. I am going for a gynea check up in 2 weeks time can he also check out the hemorrhoid or do I need to go to my GP? I am very embarrassed about going to a Doctor with a problem like this?  (

Hallo Worried
If it is a soft lump blue/purple coloured on the edge of the anus it is probably a hemorroid - you can treat it with Prep H until you see your Gyne. A hemorroid is a type of varicose vein and often is an inherited thing caused by straining when constipated or coughing or picking up heavy weights. It has no relationship with the menstruation you have ( which could just be a break through bleed - often caused by stress)
If it is a hard, red and very tender lump it could be an infection/abcess and you need to see your GP asap.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-10

Hallo Worried

Reply to cyberdoc