Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2009/06/29

Hemorrhoid

I have what I assume to be an external hemorrhoid. My assumption is based on a symptom search on a variety of health sites. I struggle with I.B.S. and constant constipation, which I believe is one of the possible causes.

What are the dangers of this, are there non-surgical treatments available? I notice there are several ways to remove this, which is suggested, and why?

I recently lost my job and can' t afford to undergo expensive surgery, I have no medical aid. Please advise.

Dear Concerned
Try treating it first with something like Proctocedyl - this will usually solve the problem. Try using a stool softner like Duphalac too.