Posted by: Jozido | 2011-02-26

My husband (63) has hemochromotosis, so has his brother and sister. About 6 weeks ago his ferritin reading was 235, but since then has ''''dumped'''' 2 units of (O-!!) blood. Our Gp wants another blood test by the end of next week.
1. He has acute upper body muscle pains (on S5 pain relief)
2. has Voltaren SR
3. Terrible bloating
4. poor sleeping patterns ( also on medication)

1. Will it help asking for a referral to a Hemotologist?
2. Is ''''ç helate'''' therapy of any value?
3. Will the above symptoms lessen? He keeps himself busy with his plants and carpentry. Thanks.

Yes, a referral to a haemotologist could be of value but I strongly suggest that you refer to the following link for a detailed description on haemochromatosis and the treatment thereof: