Question
Posted by: Wife to my husband | 2009/08/14

HEMOCHROMATOSE

Dr, my husband was diagnosed by a GP with hemochromatose....His iron count was 600, all other blood tests was within normal limits. The GP advised my husband to donate blood every 6 weeks, 500ml. But I have read litterature thar say he needs to donate blood every week! Now we are confused...Should he be seen by a specialist or is letting blood every 6 weeks enough to get this disease under control?

I strongly suggest that you consult an internal specialist. Also refer to the follow link for a detailed explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFE_hereditary_hemochromatosis