Posted by: johan | 2011-11-14

hemeroidectomy (8 weeks ago)

I had a hemeroidectomy 8 weeks ago. i am EXTREMELY worried as there is still blood after a " number 2" . please can someone tell me the recovery time and when it will stop bleeding? after surgery i tried to keep my stools as soft as possible, but one or twice it was hard and i''n just afraid i tore something inside ( i really dont want to go through the surgery again! ) what went wrong here?

After 8 weeks, you should have recovered in full and I therefore, suggest that you re-consult your doctor for an examination. It is possible that you do not need surgery and that the bleeding can be treated with medication. I do not blame you for not wanting to consult your doctor, as a hemeroidectomy is notoriously painful.