Question
Posted by: Julz | 2008-11-26

Hematoma

I fell off my bike in Feb this year and got a hematoma on my shin. I consulted a Dr at the time and after a couple of mnths he was happy that it had healed. I still have a huge mark on my leg. The Dr says the iron from the blood has stained my skin. Any ideas on how to get rid of the staining - it is very not attractive!
Many thanks

Hallo Julz
The staining can be caused by iron pigments from the blood in the hematoma - usually the body gradually removes this from the cells until the stain disappears. If it does not gradually get lighter you could maybe see a dermatologist to see if this will improve with laser or a chemical peel?

1
Posted by: Julz | 2008-11-27

Thank you for your reply...

Reply to Julz