Question
Posted by: hm | 2010/11/06

HELP.Queefing , (Vaginal flatulence), Aka Vaginal farting noises!

IT really bothers me when me and my partner are making love and either during or after a long Pfffffpppfffhhpp!!! sound itnerupts. I hate it so much, Its the kind of noise i believe is a big turn off ,sounding just like farts, and should be kept out of the bed room. some men including mine say it is sexy, but i feel like he is just saying that to convince me and him but I could really do without it, how is that noise a turn on in any way. i feel disgusted and my heart drops every time it happens to me

It kills the moment for me, just a little bit,and it is INCREDIBLY embarrassing even though my partner claims to not care, when I start to turn away in embarrassment he always pulls me back and insists on continuing, meanwhile the vagina farts do not let up.

Sometimes it may be only after intecourse or during when pulling out , but in one recent time it was very constant , through the whole night ruining my self esteem and destroying moments. phhfff when i got up
phhfff when i turned
phsfhfdggfh when i tried to laugh it off
pppphhhhff when changing positions
pffffsfsh when saying something.
ppppfffffffff when moaning. (KILL)
phf everytime it went in
pf everytime it went out.
pfffdhhhdhhpfhh when I was just laying there after.
and THE WORST
pffpfhfh right in his face when he went down there after intercourse,
i know this turned him off because he didnt try oral again for the rest of the night,

I told him I didnt know why there was more air than usual.

We both understand this unflattering sound is not farting and is caused by air getting trapped inside me because of pullling out or positions and has nothing to do with tightness. I just want to know HOW TO ELIMINATE IT, not just by changing positions or doing vag. exercises. But is there something like a permanent fix? does it have to do with diet or weight??

none of my friends Ive talked to have this problem like I do and i feel like some women have it good and some women are prone to air farts like me... they are so lucky.

I would do ANYTHING to get this noise out of our bed FOREVER!
please help me :(

the various preventions include the following quotes:

"Well, I just have no clever advice in order to prevent this fart but you can always stay in the same position when you have a feeling that you are about to fart, this is the only way. The vaginal farts occur when air gets into your vagina during arousal, penetration, and also when you exercise. But during arousal, vagina lengthens and uterus moves creating more air space. The fart then occurs when the walls of the vagina and uterus move back to their previous position. I think there is no way to stop this happening, but when it does, you just have no other option but to excuse yourself"
"Changing sexual positions helps, good ol' Missionary and Reverse Cowgirl help prevent them. Avoid Doggystyle, because it will just aggravate the problem and shove more air in the vagina"

8
Posted by: married | 2010/11/11

My husband jokes about it now, i used to feel so imbarresed about it in the beginning,but now i sometimes stop inbetween lovemaking sessions...just to let it out...then i squeeze and squeeze out that air,by ,holding my abdominal,,,,and then we laugh together when we hear the sound,,,,and after that, we just continue. the main thing is, your partner must understand why and how it happens...read about it , i used to think i was the only one,until i googled. if he loves you enough to understand, you can turn that into the " " hightlight of the lovemaking" " 

Reply to married

I was just laughing when I read this because I can relate - it happens, yes it ambarrasing but what can you do - its part of nature. If your partner does not have a problem then fine - I also tell my husband when it happens that he had pumped to much air in me.

Posted by: Split sides | 2010/11/09

OMW I dont have any advise but your posts cheered me up so much. This is the funniest post I have read for a long time :-)

Reply to Split sides
Posted by: Ang | 2010/11/09

My fiance and I have a good giggle when it happens to me - don''t worry about it. It''s normal!!!

Reply to Ang
Posted by: CG | 2010/11/09

I am unfortunately a fanny fart sufferer too! Although, I dont see it as much of a problem. It happens, and when it does, I just giggle, and so does my partner. I try and not do the positions that aggravate fanny farting ie doggy. I have come to realise that there isnt anything you can do to stop it, so when it happens, just laugh and carry on. Another thing I have found that does help, is try and get your partner not to almost " pull out"  and then thrust back inside. This just pumps air inside!! But try little more frequent thrusts..that way not as much air is pumped inside you.
Conculsion is, you are only fanny farting cos he pumps the air into you, so its not really your fault, so dont feel bad, it happens to the best of us!!!
Hope that helps

Reply to CG
Posted by: gabriel | 2010/11/09

I don''t think there''s a need to excuse yourself when you fanny fart (if this term is offensive I apologise in advance). I agree with your partner. There''s absolutely nothing unflattering about a fanny fart and does definitely not turn a man off. On the contrary actually. When you and your partner are intimate everything you do is a joint effort. So if you fanny fart it''s as much his doing as yours. Now your partner referring to your fanny farting as sexy is something you need accept and embrace. My partner has the same problem, although not as excessive as you may experience, and she laughs and blushes a little. I tell her it''s sexy too. When you love your partner you really and truly want to do everything you can to be as close to them as possible. Your predisposition, it would seem, to fanny farting is something that comes about when you and your partner make love and your partner realises that that''s why he finds it sexy. It''s you. Trust me, although I have no medical degree and am just barely legal, fanny farting is sexy! I wish my partner could fanny fart while I was going down on her:)

Reply to gabriel
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/11/08

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: belle | 2010/11/07

Sorry to hear about this im sure it must be quite embarassing. maybe consult your gynae about it.

Reply to belle