Question
Posted by: Ren | 2008/11/30

Helping a cat to adapt to a new home

My neighbour is moving overseas and I' d really like to take in her cat.

There are 2 problems, however:
We confined him to our house last night which resulted in a night of crying. He also does not know how to use a litter tray.
Secondly, the people who are moving into his old house, next door, have a boerboel which apparently does not like cats. How can we stop him going back to his old house?

Dear Ren

Wait till the Boerboel moves in and that should be the end of his visits next door. A covered litter box for privacy works best and buy a Feliway diffuser, works like a treat to calm cats and help them settle in.