Question
Posted by: Princy | 2013/01/10

Helper

happy new year good people.

I need a full time helper to do the cleaning, washing and iron ing and she will also look after the baby. How much is the minimum wage for that ( she will be staying at my house) she will get weekends off but I will also need her some other weekends.

9
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/11

Me
I dont know if your bossfirst gave you the absolute minimum till he can see if you derserve it. This does not mean the starting wage at the company based on expirience as you will definately ignore her previous expirience.

T - if you can not afford the minimum wage it simply means you can not afford a helper, it is out of your legue to have a helper as you will be slave treating someone. So learn to do things yourself my sister or you can ask your cousin/granny/aunt to look after your kid. Oh, creche takes kids from 3months and they dont cost as the minimum wage.

Bella - I understand your friend''s issue. But that does not mean she should treat future helpers bad. You know that the salary given and nice treatment has nothing to do with her unappreciative attitude. When one of your collegues misbehaves, coming to work drunk and others  does your boss respond by lowering the wage and benefits for the next person to take that position?

r576sl

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Bella | 2013/01/11

Mornings

Princy sometimes with these helpers eish you will never know,

My friend was paying her helper R2000 and weekend off''s and she was staying with her and to top it off, she had her own bedroom with a tv, her bathroom ect ect and when my friend goes to the salon she goes with her so she can do her hair as well, buy her last born child clothes in December she paid her salary and R1000 extra and she bought her food for the road and she gave her travelling money from here to her home in EC guess what she did not appreciated a thing that my friend was doing for her SHE DID NOT COME BACK and she ased her she said she does not have an answer yena she just want to stay at home.

Some dont appreciate and she was like a mother to my friend she was very fond of her but she disappointed her anyway

Reply to Bella
Posted by: t | 2013/01/10

What if R1746 per month is not even 10% of your minimum wage. how much do u pay. i think how much you get paid should count as well.

Reply to t
Posted by: Princy | 2013/01/10

Thanks.

Reply to Princy
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/10

Princy
Okay, the department of Labour says it should be R1746 per month.

I know some people who are paying much less than that. Of course some are paying much more than that.

zn84gs

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Princy | 2013/01/10

Amasi I am a good payer ao that is why i''m asking how much coz I don''t want to underpay my helper.

Reply to Princy
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/10

Me
Ke a letse lona ma Afrika alepateli. Actually, le trya half price.

89d95l

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Me. | 2013/01/10

Kwaaaaaaa Amasi, who told u that she is stingy?

Prince dont offer any more than necessary until u can see that she deserves it, other ppl u gve them all u have and more but they steal from u and dont clean propertly u end up having to fire and re hire all the time

Reply to Me.
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/10

You can google the minimum wage for domestic workers, esp in your area. Please be nice to add something extra as she is also tasked to look after the baby, and stop being stingy. Your boss pays fairly for your work, so be a good payer as well.

i7n89y

Reply to Amasi