Posted by: Justafemale | 2010-09-20

Help with sex and bleeding

Plse help I am a 57 yr " young"  luv sex I have a partner now
and we were active and it was very painful with some blood
We tried all the styles to see what is most comfortable but
it was terrrible. I am aware that menopause does have an effect
but i am an extremely Horny female I believe I have to get a cream calle Premarin, but its very expensive. Plse advise is there any other cream that is a bit cheaper Also why the bleeding

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

I have to guess that you are not on hormone therapy - right? If you were on hormone therapy , you may still have bleeding and pain with penetration and still need a local vaginal estrogen product, such as Premarin. if you are not on hormone therapy then you really do need a vaginal product.
Menopause removes estogen, estrogen keeps women moist throughout their bodies including thier vaginas. Thus no estrogen, no vaginal wetness/lubrication.
Imagine your vagina now- you allude to the fact that you have not had penetration before this new partner which means your vagina was a little tighter, out of practice and thus penetration would be uncomfortable. However the main reason for your bleeding is that your vagina is exposed to thrusting of a penis - and it has no lining to protect it. Estrogen keeps the vaginal lining thick, wet and juicy - no estrogen results in bleeding and pain.
If you cannot afford premarin I urge you to try REPLENS as it is an excellent moistirizer. In addition use a silicone based lubricant. Avoid penetration until you use REPLENS for about 3 weeks, 3 times a day. And then start with caution.. No shame in being a horny woman- you do not want to be a bleeding horny woman:)

Posted by: Alladin | 2010-09-21

I think u need to see a gynae BEFORE you use the premarin cream to at least make sure there is no other problem
Have Fun

Reply to Alladin