Question
Posted by: Lynda Esterhuysen | 2010/02/08

Help with My son

I have a 18 year old son whom is mentally handicapped his is on medication,we are really battling with his behaviour,he was in Con Amore in Kempton Park for 12 years and we have placed him in the Protective Workshop in Pomona after only 5 weeks we back to square one, with they can not deal with him he becomes vilent and hit people and breaks things, we have tried talking to him, they have asked us to remove him as they can not cope, surely they should be equipt to deal with these kind' s of situitons, where do we go from here as we can not keep him at home all day doing nothing, we are quite desperate where to now,Help

This would be best to discus with whichever doc has most recently properly assessed him, and who presumably is the doc writing his prescriptions. I'm sure any center tries to deal wih such things, but if you think about i, there will also be situation no center could deal with. Maybe some changes in his medications could reduce his aggression, and help him to become more manageable again

1