Posted by: Shorty | 2009-05-07

Help with diet pls

I have an underactive thyriod, i need to loose +- 15 kg what should i do, i do not eat junk food, what diet would you suggest? Please help.

Dear Shorty
I trust that you are receiving treatment for your underactive thyroid such as Eltroxin. It is important that you take this thyroid hormone replacement as prescribed and return to the dr regularly to have your thyroid levels checked so that your dosage can be adjusted if necessary. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).