Question
Posted by: Sonja Van Zyl | 2012/03/10

Help with dieet

I need a dieet to help me with the burn in my body. I don`t have a golbladder, and went in for 3 operations already. Maybe if I change my eating habbit I will get better. I feel fatt and hate myself and don`t think that anybody can truly help me. Everybody said it will get better but it gets wors for me and I am scared I am in pain most of the time and if I eat I don`t feel good and then I get haertburn and so after a while my chest feels like it`s on fire. I need help

Dear Sonja
I must admit that I can't really figure out what is wrong with you - if you are suffering from a physical or a psychological complaint and if this is something physical exactly where the problem lies??? PLEASE ask your gp to refer you to a physician ("internis") who specialises in gastrointestinal problems so that he/she can check if you are not suffering from acid reflux or ulcers. If you do have one of these conditions you will need medical treatment with so-called proton pump inhibitors and antacids, as well as a diet. Because you seem to be suffering so severely every time you eat, I would also like to recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) to help you with a diet that does not irritate your condition all the time. Go for the help to experts in the fields of gastroenterology and dietetics before you get even sicker.
Take care

1

Dear Sonja
Take care