Question
Posted by: anon | 2011-03-02

Help with Cystitis

I am a 28year old female, who has been suffering with recurring urinary tract infections for the past 3 or 4 years. I have been for every possible test under the sun, &  the result are always the same  everything is normal. I do notice that the infections tend to occur after I have had intercourse. I''ve only ever had one partner &  we''ve been together for 5 years. Is there something that we''re doing wrong? I don''t understand why I keep getting this dreaded infection if I''m " normal" . It has taken over my life &  could be ruining my relationship. I''m very cautious, very hygenic, I''ve tried vitamins &  homeopathic remedies but nothing helps. I''ve researched this to death &  am at my wits end right now Please could someone help me, or refer me to someone who could help. I am desperate, I cannot go on like this...

You are one of many women that do experience this and do find discomfort in this. I have copied a clip (see the link) that will most probably assist you in understanding what happens with your body. -

“The most common cause of UTIs are bacteria from the bowel that live on the skin near the rectum or in the vagina, which can spread and enter the urinary tract through the urethra. Once these bacteria enter the urethra, they travel upward, causing infection in the bladder and sometimes other parts of the urinary tract.
Sexual intercourse is a common cause of urinary tract infections because the female anatomy can make women more prone to urinary tract infections. During sexual activity, bacteria in the vaginal area are sometimes massaged into the urethra.
Women who change sexual partners or begin having sexual intercourse more frequently may experience bladder or urinary tract infections more often than women who are celibate or in monogamous relationships. Although it is rare, some women get a urinary tract infection every time they have sex. “ (http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/bladderhealth/a/UTI.htm)

The following link also provides you with some ideas on how one could possibly prevent it:
http://womenshealth.about.com/od/bladderhealth/a/recurrent_UTI.htm

It might be worth your while to seek the advise from a urologist and discuss the possible treatment option over a long period.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you that you could discuss your concerns with.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

3
Posted by: jack | 2011-03-03

Your bf must also go for tests,you must drink lots of water(about 2 l a day.) Drink cranberryjuice and eat asperegus.

Reply to jack
Posted by: sexologist | 2011-03-03

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Mo-mo | 2011-03-02

get your BF to get it cut off ....that why u are getting infections

Reply to Mo-mo