Posted by: Palesa | 2011-08-25

Help with a drug abuse sister

I need help my sister is in drugs and refuses to agree to this. She steals everything she can make money on just to deal with her condition. A documentary was on SABC3 about the " yayope"  drug they take. I cant deal with her stealing from the family is emotinally draining and she has been doing this for the pat 3 years tried numerous time to talk to her to get herself in rehab she alway runs away and disappeares for months away from home. We are all trying to deal with a death of our father which happened recently but her addiction is beyond help.

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

Hi Palesa

The problem is that your sister doesn't want to admit she has a problem. Sometimes it takes getting arrested for theft or possession of drugs to elicit a reality check. If you do not want to go this route and she wont communicate with you honestly, you need to get her into a rehab facility or a support group. You can contact Houghton House Recovery Centre 011 728 0850. They should be able to guide you further.